When it comes to keeping up with our personal health, sometimes it’s easy for our hair appointments and PTO obligations to take priority over our annual checkups and hours of sleep. In celebration of Women’s Health Week, we want to remind you that you are important. We know how good you feel after a fresh haircut or a great run. We also know how good you feel when you check off your annual mammogram each year and know that you are doing your part in taking care of yourself, your whole self.
No matter what phase of life you find yourself in, Parkview has resources available to help you take care of your health. From fitness classes, health education sessions, and massage therapy to birthing classes, parenting classes, grand parenting refreshers, mammograms and heart screenings, there is something available for your wellness journey at your Parkview hospital.
- WomenHeart Support Network of Parkview Heart Institute
- Francine’s Friends Mobile Mammography Coach partnership with Parkview Comprehensive Cancer Center, Francine’s Friends and the Breast Diagnostic Center
- Breastfeeding Moms’ Group
- Fitness Classes including Yoga, Tai Chi and Qi Gong
- and more!
And, if there was any doubt that your family and friends want you to care about your health, just look at the community support that helps make many of these resources possible for women throughout the region. Donors through the Parkview Foundations play a large role in supporting women’s health initiatives. This support helps provide education for new moms, funding for healthy living programs and support for women who need help obtaining their annual mammograms, to name a few examples.
In fact, Parkview Foundation’s annual Cookin’ Men fundraiser presented by Fifth Third Bank is dedicated to supporting women’s health needs. During this year’s event alone, donors contributed over $180,000 to support the Parkview Breast Cancer Registry, which helps patients create more personalized breast cancer treatment. Over the last 13 years, Cookin’ Men has always focused on the importance of women’s health in our community supporting a number of needs:
- In its first two years, Cookin’ Men proceeds benefited outreach efforts for the Parkview Women’s Health Center.
- Cookin’ Men sponsors and attendees supported Parkview’s Mobile Mammography Fund for many years to help make mammograms accessible to women in our community.
- This year Cookin’ Men supported the new Parkview Breast Cancer Registry. Information compiled in this registry will provide key data that will transform breast cancer treatment allowing for more custom plans to be made based on each patient’s history and circumstances.