Our food cravings are like a small fire; The more fuel we give them, the larger they become. Whether it’s a nagging sweet tooth or persistent yearning for something salty, the majority of us have weak spots and often fall victim to the temptation to over-indulge. So, what’s one to do after a day of fried foods or sugary treats? Follow these steps for a sensible reset.
Recovering from a day of indulgence
- Forgive yourself and choose to move on.
- Drink your water (Aim for 64 ounces a day)
- Get moving and strive for an intense sweat session.
- In with the good. Eat clean fiber- probiotic- and protein-rich options for help with digestion.
- Pass on the bad. Avoid refined sugar, gluten, dairy, pasta and fatty meats.
- Never try to starve yourself to reset. Eat regular meals at regular times.
- Take a hot shower or bath with Epsom salts.
- A solid 7-9 hours of sleep is essential for reinstating a healthy balance.