Happy Bike to Work Day, everyone! Cycling is environmentally friendly and beneficial to your overall well-being, and we certainly applaud anyone who chooses to pedal from place to place.
Before you gear up, we encourage you to review these helpful tips for a safe commute.
Cyclist Safety Tips
- Always wear a properly fitted bike helmet.
- Ride with traffic.
- Put the cell phone away: Don’t text or talk while riding.
- Obey traffic laws, signs and signals.
- When riding at dusk, wear reflective clothing, and make sure your bike has reflectors and lights.
- Use both hands on the handlebars – except to signal a turn or stop – and stay alert!
- Never hold on to a moving vehicle.
Video courtesy of WANE TV.