Resolution check: How is your commitment to quit smoking going? Any addiction is challenging, but now is the perfect time to put down the cigarettes and leave that unhealthy habit behind you for good. With the right support system and tools in place, you can do it, and you’ll start to notice a difference in how you feel in as little as 20 minutes. Smoking affects nearly every organ in your body, but so does quitting.
Benefits of extinguishing your smoking habit:
- Lowers your risk of cancer
- Lowers risk of heart disease by half
- Sense of taste and smell return
- Carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal
- Heart rate and blood pressure drop
- Improved circulation and lung function
- Able to perform physical activities without feeling winded or sick
- Blemishes, premature aging and wrinkling subside
- Reduced belly fat and lower risk of diabetes (If you already have diabetes, quitting can help you keep your blood sugar levels in check.)
Freedom from Smoking
Research has shown that when you have tools for support you are more likely to have new healthy habits stick. Parkview offers Freedom from Smoking®, a free program developed by the American Lung Association® to help you quit smoking. During this seven-week class, you’ll:
- Set goals and perform relaxation techniques
- Receive a FREE workbook and CD
- Set a “stop smoking” date during the fourth class
- Learn tips for quitting smoking
- Learn about medicinal and non-medicinal options to reduce cravings
To help you along your journey to becoming a nonsmoker, the first three classes offer tips and techniques that prepare you to quit smoking. The last three classes offer support. If you are undecided, attend the first class to see if the program is for you.
See our schedule of Freedom from Smoking® classes and take the first step in a lifelong well-being journey.