In February, Parkview introduced Community Paramedicine (CP), a new community-based care model, in Huntington County. These Parkview team members work outside their normal emergency response role to provide preventive and follow-up care to people in their homes or skilled care facilities.
This approach has seen great success in different areas and truly allows the CP paramedics to proactively assist people with regaining optimal well-being outside the hospital setting. Patients who suffer from diabetes, frequent falls, chronic health conditions and any situation which might lead to frequent ER visits can benefit from this fresh approach.
The Community Paramedicine program provides:
- In-home visits, which help the paramedics get to know you and your unique situation
- A healthcare advocate who listens to you and your family’s concerns
- A professional to make you aware of available resources
- Assistance with home safety
- Medication organization
- Vital signs (blood pressure, pulse and oxygen level)
Patients for the Huntington County Community Paramedicine program are currently identified through local organizations, discharge instructions and patient charts. To learn more, call (260) 409-5720.