Before you send out your holiday cards this year, take a moment to write just one more. You can put a smile on the face of one of our servicemen or women by sending a heartfelt message. Better yet, organize a group of coworkers, friends or families to contribute as well.
Send a letter of thanks
- Start the note with a simple salutation, such as, “Dear Hero” or “Dear Brave One”.
- Keep it upbeat and positive.
- Share a little bit about yourself, the weather, sports, food or books.
- Ask yourself: Would this be a letter you’d like to receive?
- Send well wishes and mention they are in your thoughts.
- Include your own mail/e-mail address if you wish so recipients can reply.
- Put all letters/cards in a large envelope or box, (no individual envelopes) and mail to:
Operation Gratitude 17330 Victory Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91406